How to perform Wudu?
- Make intention for ablution and say Bismillah.
- In your head if youre in the bathroom.
- Wash your hands up to the wrists (x3)
- Cup water in your hands and it to rinse your mouth while also taking some into your nose up to the start of the nose bone. (x3)
- Wash your face (x3)
- Wash your forearms up to and including the elbow (x3)
- Start with your right hand
- Wipe your wet hands over the entirety of your head and scalp and in the same motion wipe the inside and back of your ears with your forearm and thumb.
- Wash your feet up to and including the ankles (x3)
- Start with your right foot
- After all of this say:
- Ash-hadu ’an laa ’ilaaha ’illallaahu wahdahu laa shareeka lah, wa ’ash-hadu ’anna Muhammadan ’abduhu wa Rasooluh.
- I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah alone, Who has no partner; and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and His Messenger.
In order to fulfill Wudu your must not be in a state of major impurity. See the Ghusl page and make sure you have met the requirments of Ghusl.
Wudu is a ritual cleansing of the body required for Muslims to do activities like: Pray and handle the Quran
Factors which nullify Wudu:
- Anything coming out of the private parts front or back. (Urine, Excrement, Gas)
- The seeping out of prostatic fluid (Preseminal fluid)
- Loss of consciousness (Deep sleep)
- Touching ones private parts without a barrier
Factors which do NOT nullify Wudu:
- Touching a woman with skin to skin contact
- The flow of blood from anywhere but the female private part.
- Vomit if its only enough to fill the mouth or less.
- Being doubtful regarding (excretion, gas, urine), after you did ablution. As certainty supersedes doubt.
- Laughing out loud during Salah. (The Hadith's supporting this are weak)
- Giving a dead person a bath.
O believers! When you rise up for prayer, wash your faces and your hands up to the elbows, wipe your heads, and wash your feet to the ankles. And if you are in a state of ˹full˺ impurity, then take a full bath. But if you are ill, on a journey, or have relieved yourselves, or have been intimate with your wives and cannot find water, then purify yourselves with clean earth by wiping your faces and hands. It is not Allah’s Will to burden you, but to purify you and complete His favour upon you, so perhaps you will be grateful.